Kansas City Repetitive Stress Injury Attorneys
Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C. Can Help You Fight for Compensation
When workers' comp began over a century ago to provide relief for sudden, violent injuries on the job, there was no coverage for the insidious injuries that accrued over an extended period of time. Today we know that this other class of injuries is just as incapacitating to workers. Repetitive stress injuries (RSIs) are a class of injuries caused by stressing a joint through continuous motions or overuse. Assembly line work or typing can inflame joint areas, spinal areas, and necks.
Some of the more common repetitive stress injuries include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, a swelling in the wrist, and De Quervain syndrome, an inflammation of the thumb
- Epicondylitis, also known as tennis elbow, caused by overuse of wrist flexors, pulling the palm of the hand toward the upper arm
- Tendinitis, inflammation of the tendons, from overuse, occurring in the shoulder, arm, or knee
- Cubital tunnel syndrome, the swelling of the nerve behind the elbow, often the result of long hours driving or operating machinery
- Cervical radiculopathy, the cervical strain or compression of the disks in the neck, sometimes caused by cradling the phone between head and shoulder
- Whole body vibration, a repetitive stress syndrome caused by extended shocks and jolts experienced while driving, or operating farm or factory equipment
At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., our Kansas City workers' compensation lawyers acknowledge the obvious, that repetitive stress injuries are real and potentially disabling. Workers' comp panels are still suspicious of these injuries, so we investigate and document RSI cases with exhaustive thoroughness.
To talk to the Kansas City repetitive stress injury lawyers at Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C. about your injury, use our online form or call our attorneys at 816-307-0056. We represent client living and working in either Missouri or Kansas.