Workers' Compensation for Undocumented Workers in Kansas City

Representing Undocumented Workers Injured on the Job

If you are an undocumented worker, you may not know where to turn if you have suffered an on-the-job injury. At the law firm of Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., our Kansas City workers' compensation lawyers offer a free and confidential consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions.

Please call 816-307-0056 to talk with a lawyer at our firm.

Our lawyers handle workers' compensation and personal injury cases for undocumented workers in Missouri and Kansas. Here are answers to questions our attorneys are often asked about injuries to undocumented workers.

Am I Eligible for Workers' Compensation?

You are eligible for workers' compensation regardless of your immigration status. As long as your injury occurred on the job, you have a right to obtain benefits.

What Benefits Are Available from Workers' Compensation?

Workers' compensation provides free medical treatment for work-related injuries and occupational diseases. You also have a right to receive lost-wage benefits.

Can My Employer Fire Me if I File a Workers' Compensation Claim?

While Kansas and Missouri are employment-at-will states (meaning your employer can fire you for almost any reason), it is illegal for your employer to fire you in retaliation for filing a workers' compensation claim. If your employer does fire you, our Kansas City workers' compensation lawyers may have cause to file a lawsuit against your employer.

Can I Be Deported for Filing a Workers' Compensation Claim?

Your workers' compensation claim will be focused only on your injury and not upon your legal status. While you could be deported for other reasons, filing a workers' compensation will not lead to a government review of your legal status.

Can I Sue the Person Who Injured Me?

While your employer and anyone who works for your employer is generally protected from being sued for an injury that occurs on the job, you may have the right to sue a third party who was responsible for your injury.

Contact Us for More Information on Undocumented Worker Injuries

For answers to your questions about work-related injuries, please call our Kansas City workers' comp attorneys at 816-307-0056 or contact us online.


  • Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C. They were so helpful with my questions!
  • Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C. Our case was settled far beyond our expectations!
Prev Next

Let Us Guide You on the Path to a Fair & Full Recovery

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Request Your Free Consultation