In an incident that has rocked a community, details on the fatal accident that killed a high school student last month are finally being released.
A nine-page report released last week finally gives us details on the accident that happened on Interstate 435.
“The primary contributing factor for the collision is that (the officer) was traveling at a higher speed than surrounding traffic, and was unable to stop, or avoid the vehicles in front of him, causing the collision.”
Witnesses to the crash say that they saw the van hurtling down the interstate at excessive speeds and that the brake lights did not come on until the van was about two car lengths from the vehicles that were stopped ahead of it.
The first vehicle that the van impacted was the one driven by Chandan Rajanna. The high school senior was killed and his father and sister were injured in the accident.
At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., we know that it is not only vehicle accidents that cause needless deaths. If you need a Kansas City wrongful death attorney, you can count on our team to investigate your cases and secure the compensation you deserve.
Wrongful death cases arise when someone is killed as a result of wrongful or careless (negligent) acts of another person. They can also be brought against companies and agencies. Here are some of the common wrongful death cases we see, but this list is by no means exhaustive. Please seek legal assistance about your particular case.
- Vehicle accidents – reckless drivers are often the cause of serious injuries and deaths on Missouri roadways. These accidents can happen due to distracted, drunk, or other negligent driving behavior (like the incident above).
- Medical errors – medical professionals make mistakes that kill more than 250,000 people a year in the US, making them the third leading cause of death.
- Faulty products – there are many products for sale in the US right now that can cause death due to a poor design, a manufacturing error, or a labeling problem.
- Workplace accidents – workplace accidents are common, especially in high-risk jobs. Employers have a duty to ensure that their workers have the proper equipment and training to do their jobs correctly.
What Are Your Options
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person or entity, let all of us here at Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C. extend our condolences. We know this is an incredibly difficult time for you and your family and we want to help.
Our Kansas City wrongful death attorneys will take your case and work to secure the compensation you deserve. We know that no amount of money will bring back your loved one, but we want to make sure you have compensation for the following:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost and future income of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages