Wrongful Death Lawyer St. Louis
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or careless actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation. At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., please accept our condolences for what happened. Our knowledgeable and experienced wrongful death lawyers are ready to get to work on your case. We will investigate what caused your loved one’s death and work to secure the compensation you and your family deserve.
How to do St. Louis wrongful death cases arise?
Wrongful death claims arise when someone is killed due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of another person, business, or entity.
Who is able to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Missouri?
Missouri law allows only the surviving spouse, child, grandchild, or parents of the deceased to file a wrongful death claim. If the deceased does not have a surviving spouse, child, grandchild, or parent, then their sibling may file a claim. Finally, if there is no sibling, then a representative of the deceased’s estate may file the wrongful death claim.
What are the most common causes of wrongful death lawsuits?
- Vehicle Accidents – During the latest reporting year in Missouri, 923 people lost their lives on traffic crashes. Many of those incidents were the result of gross driver negligence, including drunk driving, distracted driving, careless operation of a vehicle, and more. These accidents can involve passenger vehicles, commercial motor vehicles, motorcycles, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
- Medical Mistakes – Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the country, according to Johns Hopkins researchers. Approximately 250,000 people are killed each year due to these errors. The most common medical mistakes include misdiagnosis, anesthesia errors, surgical errors, delayed treatment, failure to treat, birth injuries, medication errors, and more.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have a duty to ensure their premises are safe from reasonably foreseeable hazards that could cause injury to guests. Failure to do so could mean property owners are liable for any deaths that occur on their premises.
- Workplace Accidents – According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 5,147 workers were killed in the work-related incidents during the latest reporting year. Employers have a duty to ensure their workers are safe and have the proper training and equipment.
- Product Liability – Products that are faulty due to flawed designs, manufacturing errors, or labeling errors can cause serious injuries and death for consumers.
Let us help you through this difficult time
If you have lost a loved one due to another person’s negligent or careless actions, you need to seek legal assistance immediately. At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to get to work on your case. We will investigate what happened in order to secure compensation for the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Cost of any pre-death medical care
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of consortium or companionship damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible for the death
When you need a St. Louis wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 816-941-8949.