We have learned that the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has released a new app for your phones and devices that will help you keep track of current recalls across the country. This is a great step that will help keep the general public knowledgeable about the severity of what can happen if they use certain products.
At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., we realize that the general population does not understand the scope of the problem when it comes to defective products in the US. They usually only know what they see on the news occasionally. Unfortunately, there are usually hundreds of recalls at any given moment. If you need a Kansas City product liability attorney, please contact us today.
The Worst Nightmare
Most of us do not even think twice about the safety of products on store shelves. After all, they would not have made it there if they could not pass inspections, right?
Unfortunately, that is not always the case. If you take some time and look through the government website dedicated to keeping track of current recalls, you will find that there are faulty products on the market and that no industry is left unmarked. A quick look at the writing of this article reveals:
- Undeclared allergen alert for mint chocolate chip cookies.
- Food wraps potentially contaminated with Salmonella.
- Patient in-home medical device with faulty software.
The list goes on and hits toys, vehicles, medicines, foods, beverages, appliances, and electronics. It really will leave you wondering if you have potentially harmful products in your home. Do you have anything that could hurt your family?
We know that there are three basic ways that products become defective and they can affect things we use as well as items we consume:
- They have a poor design that is not detected during the testing phase of the product.
- They experience a manufacturing error that alters them from their original design.
- They are labeled incorrectly which can cause serious consequences. This can include improper instructions, missing hazard or side effect warnings, improper dosage amounts, missing ingredients, and more.
Regardless of what makes a product faulty, you need to know that companies and manufacturers can be held responsible for any injuries or illnesses they cause.
What Happens Now?
If you or a loved one have been injured by a faulty product, then you may wonder if there is anything you can do. The answer is, yes, you certainly can do something. At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., our knowledgeable and experienced team is standing by and ready to assist you. We want to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve for all of your product-related injury expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Recovery of lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
If you need a Kansas City product liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 816-941-8949. Going up against major companies can seem daunting, but it is not impossible.