What happens if the car that hits you is uninsured?

It's a situation that no driver in Missouri would want to get into, but one you might find yourself in someday anyway. So what do you do if you are hit by an uninsured motorist on the road? At Mayer & Rosenberg, P.C., we can help provide some insight into this potential problem.

The first way to receive compensation in the face of an uninsured motorist crashing with you is actually through your own auto insurance. As a resident of Missouri, you are actually allowed to stack underinsured motorist or uninsured motorist policies. This can be a huge help to you in the event that the other driver is under or uninsured. You will be able to make claims for every single policy you have, maximizing the amount of potential compensation you could receive. Every penny counts in these situations, so the additional cushioning of multiple policies can do you a lot of good.

Additionally, there is the option of pursuing the other driver for other means of compensation that isn't insurance-based. Both the property or personal finances of the other party may potentially be used to gain compensation, for example. In this way, they will still be held financially accountable for the damage that has been caused.

Dealing with insurance claims can be tricky enough. If you want to read more about dealing with people who are underinsured or have no car insurance, check out the link to our web page. We have plenty of information on accidents with uninsured motorists that you can peruse for an idea of what your potential options may be.


Let Us Guide You on the Path to a Fair & Full Recovery

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Request Your Free Consultation